- Race Info
- Course Info
- Race Day
- Post Race
- Welcome to Oak Brook
- Sponsors & Charities
REGISTRATION FOR THE 2014 SEVENTH ANNUAL OAK BROOK HALF-MARATHON IS NOW OPEN!
- Beautiful, scenic course: This “runners’ course” will feature a strategic combination of wide streets, soft crushed gravel paths, paved bike paths and scenic beauty which make this a “must-do” race experience.
- Superb western suburban location – easy access from all Chicago area highways.
- Convenient and Ample Free Parking. Free parking will be available directly north of the Starting Line in the Ace Hardware and The Crossings Office Center parking lots. These lots are large enough to hold all Race Day Parking.
- Ronald McDonald House Charities ® of Chicagoland and Northwest Indiana returns as the Official Charity of the Oak Brook Half-Marathon. In addition to donations that came from race proceeds, you, our participants, have donated generously to RMHC-CNI over the past six years with your personal donations. We ask for your support again through your online donations which can be made via our race registration page on SignMeUp.com. All donations, no matter what size, are welcome, and go further than many of you may suspect in providing support to families in need with hospitalized children.
- Returning in 2014!: We will again offer our custom designed technical running tops in both women’s and men’s sizes. No more “unisex” shirts for the ladies! Sizes XS through XXL available. Order sizes carefully, as there will be no exchanges.
- Also for 2014!: Prize Package for Overall Top 3 Men & Women:
* 1st Place: $100 Cash, Mizuno shoes
* 2nd Place: $75 Cash, Mizuno shoes
* 3rd Place: $50 Cash, Mizuno shoes
- Chrono-track “B-tag” timing. The Oak Brook Half-Marathon will again use the latest in timing technology in 2014 – the “B-tag”. Convenient, reliable and disposable, the B-tag stays affixed to your race bib. You will be able to pick-up your timing device along with your race packet before race day.
- Deluxe Finisher’s Medal for all who complete the 13.1 mile distance
- Post-Race Celebration in Oak Brook’s Central Park
- 5 days of Pre-race Packet Pick-up for your convenience, from Thursday, August 28th through Sunday, August 31st. Check the Packet Pick-up tab for specific dates and times.
- Clydesdale Division: Back by popular demand, we will again offer the full slate of CARA Clydesdale Weight Categories in 2014 – in both Open and Masters Divisions. Awards will be given to the top 3 in each Clydesdale Category. If you plan to race in this Division, indicate your weight category when registering on-line (this helps us to plan). But remember, your registration for the Clydesdale Division is not complete until you weigh-in at the Clydesdale tent on Race Day Morning and confirm your weight division.
- Official Training Programs leading up to the Oak Brook Half-Marathon are available through our training program partners. To find a training program near you, click here
Click here to register now!:
Follow us on twitter @oakbrookhalfmarathon” for updates through Race Day.
The 7th Annual Oak Brook Half-Marathon, Labor Day, Monday, September 1, 2014, combines the premier amenities of a major distance event with abundant charm and hospitality of the Village of Oak Brook. Make this a stepping stone on the way to your fall marathon, or enjoy it as your late-summer distance race. Official Oak Brook Half-Marathon training programs are available to help you reach your goal!
Make the Oak Brook Half-Marathon your Labor Day running tradition.
NEW in 2014: CARA LONG-DISTANCE SERIES RACE: The Oak Brook Half-Marathon is proud to be part of the 2014 CARA Long-Distance Race Series. For more information, click here.
Other features for the 2014 Oak Brook Half-Marathon include: