- Race Info
- Course Info
- Race Day
- Post Race
- Welcome to Oak Brook
- Sponsors & Charities
- Beautiful, scenic course: This “runners’ course” will feature a strategic combination of wide streets, soft crushed gravel paths, paved bike paths and scenic beauty which make this a “must-do” race experience.
- Superb western suburban location – easy access from all Chicago area highways.
- Convenient and Ample Free Parking – available directly north of the Starting Line in the Ace Hardware and The Crossings Office Center parking lots. These lots are large enough to hold all Race Day Parking.
- Ronald McDonald House Charities ® of Chicagoland and Northwest Indiana and the Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation of America return as Official Charities of the Oak Brook Half-Marathon. In addition to donations that came from race proceeds, you, our participants, have donated generously to RMHC-CNI and CCFA over the past eight years with your personal donations. We ask for your support again through your online donations which can be made via our race registration page on SignMeUp.com. All donations, no matter what size, are welcome, and go further than many of you may suspect in providing support to families in need with hospitalized children, and .
- Mens and Womens custom designed technical running tops – available in mens and womens sizes – X-Small through XX-Large. Order sizes carefully, as there will be no exchanges.
- Also for 2015!: Award Package for Overall Top 3 Men & Women:
* 1st Place: Prize Package valued at $200 in Cash and/or Merchandise
* 2nd Place: Prize Package valued at $175 in Cash and/or Merchandise
* 3rd Place: Prize Package valued at $150 in Cash and/or Merchandise
- Chronotrack “B-tag” timing. The Oak Brook Half-Marathon will again use the latest in timing technology in 2015 – the “B-tag”. Convenient, reliable and disposable, the B-tag stays affixed to your race bib. You will be able to pick-up your timing device along with your race packet before race day.
- Deluxe Finisher’s Medal for all who complete the 13.1 mile distance
- Post-Race Celebration in Oak Brook’s Central Park
- Free Downloadable Photos available after the Race
- 5 days of Pre-race Packet Pick-up for your convenience, from Wednesday, September 2nd through Sunday, September 6th. Check the Packet Pick-up tab for specific dates and times.
- Clydesdale Division: Back by popular demand, we will again offer the full slate of CARA Clydesdale Weight Categories in 2015 – in both Open and Masters Divisions. Awards will be given to the top 3 in each Clydesdale Category. If you plan to race in this Division, indicate your weight category when registering on-line (this helps us to plan). But remember, your registration for the Clydesdale Division is not complete until you weigh-in at the Clydesdale tent on Race Day Morning and confirm your weight division.
- Official Training Programs leading up to the Oak Brook Half-Marathon are available through our training program partners. To find a training program near you, click here
THE OAK BROOK HALF-MARATHON HAS BEEN CANCELED. THANK YOU FOR YOUR PAST SUPPORT.
The 8th Annual Oak Brook Half-Marathon, Labor Day, Monday, September 7, 2015, combines the premier amenities of a major distance event with abundant charm and hospitality of the Village of Oak Brook. Make this a stepping stone on the way to your fall marathon, or enjoy it as your late-summer distance race. Official Oak Brook Half-Marathon training programs are available to help you reach your goal!
Make the Oak Brook Half-Marathon your Labor Day running tradition.
Returning in 2015: CARA LONG-DISTANCE SERIES RACE: The Oak Brook Half-Marathon is part of the 2015 CARA Long-Distance Race Series.
Other features for the 2015 Oak Brook Half-Marathon include: