- Race Info
- Course Info
- Race Day
- Post Race
- Welcome to Oak Brook
- Sponsors & Charities
CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR 2013 CHAMPIONS!:
- Beautiful, scenic course: This “runners’ course” will feature a strategic combination of wide streets, soft crushed gravel paths, paved bike paths and scenic beauty which make this a “must-do” race experience. Superb western suburban location – easy access from all Chicago area highways.
- Convenient and Ample Free Parking. Free parking will be available directly north of the Starting Line in the Ace Hardware and The Crossings Office Center parking lots. These lots are large enough to hold all Race Day Parking.
- Ronald McDonald House Charities ® of Chicagoland and Northwest Indiana returns as the Official Charity of the Oak Brook Half-Marathon. In addition to donations that came from race proceeds, you, our participants, have donated generously to RMHC-CNI over the past five years with your personal donations. We ask for your support again through your online donations which can be made via our race registration page on SignMeUp.com. All donations, no matter what size, are welcome, and go further than many of you may suspect in providing support to families in need with hospitalized children.
- Returning in 2013!: We will again offer our custom designed technical running tops in both women’s and men’s sizes. No more “unisex” shirts for the ladies! Sizes XS through XXL available. Order sizes carefully, as there will be no exchanges. If you would like to “try one on for size”, go to The Runner’s Soul to check samples.
- Also for 2013!: Prize Package for Overall Top 3 Men & Women:
* 1st Place: $100 Cash, $100 Gift Certificate to Maggiano’s, Mizuno shoes
* 2nd Place: $75 Cash, $75 Gift Certificate to Maggiano’s, Mizuno shoes
* 3rd Place: $50 Cash, $50 Gift Certificate to Maggiano’s, Mizuno shoes
- Chrono-track “B-tag” timing. The Oak Brook Half-Marathon will again use the latest in timing technology in 2013 – the “B-tag”, Convenient, reliable and disposable, the B-tag stays affixed to your race bib. You will be able to pick-up your timing device along with your race packet before race day, at The Runner’s Soul in La Grange, and at our new additional packet pick-up location, Road Runner Sports in Lincoln Park.
- Deluxe Finisher’s Medal for all who complete the 13.1 mile distance
- Post-Race Celebration in Oak Brook’s Central Park
- 5 days of Pre-race Packet Pick-up for your convenience, at our specialty running store sponsors: from Thursday, August 29th through Sunday, September 1st at The Runner’s Soul 5 S. La Grange Road, in the heart of Downtown La Grange, and, on Wednesday, August 28th at Road Runner Sports, 1435 N. Kingsbury St., in Lincoln Park, Chicago. Free parking is available for pre-race packet-pick-up and in person registration at both of these great stores. Check the Packet Pick-up tab for specific dates and times.
- Clydesdale Division: Back by popular demand, we will again offer the full slate of Clydesdale Weight Categories in 2013 – in both Open and Masters Divisions. Awards will be given to the top 3 in each Clydesdale Category. If you plan to race in this Division, registration is now open. Indicate your weight category (which helps us to plan). But remember, your registration for the Clydesdale Division is not complete until you weigh-in at the Clydesdale tent on Race Day Morning and confirm your weight division.
- Official Training Programs leading up to the Oak Brook Half-Marathon are available through our training program partners. To find a training program near you, click here
1. BRENDON MOODY, Van Wert, OH: 1:11:30
2. JEFF JONAITIS, Tinley Park, IL: 1:12:29
3. MIKE MATUSZAK, Carol Stream, IL: 1:13:18
1. JACQUI GIULIANO, Oakwood Hills, IL: 1:25:36
2. BLOSSOM MARIMPIETRI, Downers Grove, IL: 1:26:17
3. SR. STEPHANIE BALIGA, Chicago, IL: 1:27:00
For official results of the 2013 Oak Brook Half-Marathon, click here: www.mychicagoathlete.com.
REGISTRATION FOR THE SIXTH ANNUAL OAK BROOK HALF-MARATHON HAS CLOSED. MAKE THE OAK BROOK HALF-MARATHON, YOUR LABOR DAY RUNNING TRADITION!
Click here to register now!:
IMPORTANT NOTICE – NO GEAR CHECK AT THIS EVENT: In an effort to ensure the safety and security of participants and spectators, the Oak Brook Police Department will not permit the use of a “gear check”. All gear bags should be secured in your vehicle. Unattended bags will be immediately removed by Police.
We hope that you will understand that the Oak Brook Police Department is sincerely concerned about your safety.
Follow us on twitter @oakbrookhalfmarathon for updates through Race Day.
The 6th Annual Oak Brook Half-Marathon, Labor Day, Monday, September 2, 2013, combines the premier amenities of a major distance event with abundant charm and hospitality of the Village of Oak Brook. Make this a stepping stone on the way to your fall marathon, or enjoy it as your late-summer distance race. Official Oak Brook Half-Marathon training programs are available through The Runners Soul, at both its locations, in Elmhurst and La Grange. They will help you reach your goal!
Make the Oak Brook Half-Marathon your Labor Day running tradition.
Other features for the 2013 Oak Brook Half-Marathon include: